Island, county Cork.
A fine example of a small wedge-tomb,
excavated in 1957, seen from the rear.
The gallery, 6 metres long, and facing typically SW, is a single chamber, bounded by typical double wall of stones.
Parallel to the gallery is the heel- shaped kerb which connects with the flat façade of the tomb.
The thin roof-stones are in situ, and much of the cairn material survives between the gallery and the kerb.
W 603 908 - Sheet 80
Nearest town: Mallow
Click on the picture for a view from the front.